Live Events #
Live events enable you to deliver established features on a schedule.
Similar to experiments, live events have a fixed duration and should track your defined goal metrics, such as engagement or return on ad spend (RoAS). Your live events may call for further experimentation if goal metrics start to fall or novel experiences are identified.
Battle passes, leagues, tournaments, seasonal events, special offers and even recurring messages or push notifications are all examples of live events players interact with on a daily basis.
Creating your live event calendar requires planning and should take into account event diversity, player availability and fatigue, and clashes with other internal and even external events.
The Live Events page in the Satori dashboard enables you to create, edit, and delete live events. You can review your existing events using a calendar view or a list view.
Creating events #
Click the + New Live Event button to open the Create Live Event modal, then enter the following details:
- Name: Enter a unique name for this event.
- Color: Select a color for this event. This color will be used to identify the event in the calendar view.
- Description: Provide a description of the event.
- Schema Validator: Select the validator to use for data from this event.
- Value: Enter the game data value, for example enabling a new feature or the corresponding currency reward, associated with this event.
- Audiences: The audiences to participate in the event.
- Holdouts: The audiences, if any, to exclude from the event.
- Monitor Metrics: The metrics associated with this event.
- Reset schedule: Enable this option to be able to set a CRON expression indicating when the event resets and its duration.
- Start Time: The date and time when the event begins.
- End Time: Set an end time for the event. If a reset schedule is enabled, this field is optional and can be disabled.
- Membership: Toggle to enable “sticky” membership, meaning that players who join the event will still see it even if they become ineligible mid-event.
- Feature Flags: The feature flags associated with this event. The feature flag values set here override the default values set in the feature flags page.
Updating events #
From the Calendar or List view tabs, select the event you want to update to display its details page, allowing you to update any event details, associated message schedules, or Delete the event entirely.
Message schedules #
The Message Schedules tab displays a list of all message schedules associated with this event. You can add new message schedules or update or delete existing schedules.
Click the + Create Schedule button to open the Create Schedule modal, then enter the following details:
- Name: Enter a unique name for this schedule.
- Template: Select the template to use for this schedule.
- Reference Point: Select the reference point for this schedule, either
On end. The reference point is the point in time when the message is sent to the player.
- Offset: Enter the offset amount and unit (i.e. seconds, hours) from the reference point when the message is sent to the player.
Click Create to save the schedule.