Game Console SDKs #
In addition to the open-source client libraries available via GitHub, we also provide SDKs for all major consoles. Due to the legal and licensing requirements of the respective console platforms these libraries cannot be provided as open-source software. We provide these libraries to users only upon verification of their eligibility by the respective console platform.
The following SDKs and platforms are supported:
|SDK||Xbox Series X/S||Xbox One||PlayStation 5||PlayStation 4||Nintendo Switch|
|C++ / Unreal||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
Requesting access #
You must follow the instructions for each platform to request access to the SDKs. Once you have been approved contact us to be provided with the corresponding client libraries.
To request access to the Sony SDKs, you must:
- Register as a PlayStation Partner.
- Once approved, you are granted access to the DevNet developer network.
- Login to DevNet and navigate to Tools & Middleware > Directory and find Nakama - open source game server for multiplayer, social authentication, leaderboards, and matchmaking.
- Select Confirm Developer Status.
- Once confirmed, contact us to be provided with a licensed, source-available copy of the client SDK.
To request access to the Microsoft SDKs, you must:
- Register as a Microsoft Developer.
- Once registered, you are granted access to the Microsoft Game Developer Network website and assigned a Microsoft account manager.
- Submit a ticket to your account manager requesting access.
- Contact us to get started.
Your Microsoft account manager will confirm your eligibility. Once we receive that confirmation from Microsoft we will provide you with a licensed source-available copy of the client SDK.
To request access to the Nintendo SDKs, you must:
- Register as a Nintendo Developer.
- Once registered, you are granted access to the Nintendo Developer Portal.
- Login to the Nintendo Developer Portal and navigate to Getting Started > Nintendo Switch > Middleware and find Nakama in the available listings.
- Complete the Nakama - Nintendo Developer Authorization.
- Once completed, contact us to be provided with a licensed, source-available copy of the client SDK.
Console authentication #
Alongside the client libraries for Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo consoles, we also provide a server-side authentication module. This module is used for server-to-server player authentication with Playstation Network Authentication, Xbox ID, and Nintendo ID, respectively.
Contact us to obtain a license.