Getting Started with Nakama
Nakama is an open source online and multiplayer framework consisting of a extensible server framework and various client SDKs to add powerful features to your game:
Hiro is a client-server library built on Nakama game server to add economy, social, and LiveOps features rapidly and flexibly to your game. It is available as a C# library to use with Unity engine, a C++ library to use with Unreal Engine, or a npm package for TypeScript, and a server package which gets loaded by the game server.
Satori is the LiveOps solution from Heroic Labs, designed to help you gain valuable insights into your player base and identify actionable opportunities to grow your audience and revenue.
Learn how to monitor, manage and scale your games on Nakama Enterprise running on Heroic Cloud.
Getting Started 3 Videos
A 3 part quickstart series to discover Nakama’s features, learn how to install Nakama with Docker on Digital Ocean and make your first API calls.
Server Runtime Setup 3 Videos
A 3 part series showing you how to setup Nakama’s Server Runtime Environments to write authoritative server code in TypeScript, Go or Lua.
For Nakama Open Source
Get commercial support
Expert development resources while building, launching and scaling your game.
Peace of mind while the Heroic Labs team monitors your infrastructure and alerts.
Direct access to the Heroic Labs team over chat, syncs, priority phone support and face-to-face meetings.
Chat to the Heroic Labs team about ensuring your game runs smoothly when you need it to.
- Learn about the latest Nakama releaseSee the latest updates and improvements to Nakama.
- Creating a Lobby SystemLearn how to use server runtime code to add a lobby system for multiplayer matches.
- Multiplayer engineNew expanded section detailing the multiplayer functionality available in Nakama
- Chat filteringUse server runtime code to filter offensive and abusive content in real-time chat channels.
- Leaderboard best practicesLearn how leaderboards are modeled in Nakama and how to best use them in a project.
- Docker install guideThe quickest way to get started developing with Nakama.
- Nakama configurationSee the available configuration options for Nakama server.
- Server Framework basicsLearn the basics of Nakama’s runtime framework for server-side game logic.
- Pirate Panic tutorialComplete Unity project demonstrating the use of all core Nakama features.