Getting started with Nakama
Nakama is an open source online and multiplayer framework consisting of a extensible server framework and various client SDKs to add powerful features to your game:
Nakama Enterprise extends Nakama Open Source with industry-leading clustering technology to horizontally scale your game to millions of players.
Nakama Enterprise is available as a private cloud deployment to exclusive partners or to all through our managed hybrid Heroic Cloud running on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
Learn how to monitor, manage and scale your games on Nakama Enterprise running on Heroic Cloud.
For Nakama Open Source
Get commercial support
Expert development resources while building, launching and scaling your game.
Peace of mind while the Heroic Labs team monitors your infrastructure and alerts.
Direct access to the Heroic Labs team over chat, syncs, priority phone support and face-to-face meetings.
Chat to the Heroic Labs team about ensuring your game runs smoothly when you need it to.
Getting Started 3 Videos
A 3 part quickstart series to discover Nakama’s features, learn how to install Nakama with Docker on Digital Ocean and make your first API calls.
Server Runtime Setup 3 Videos
A 3 part series showing you how to setup Nakama’s Server Runtime Environments to write authoritative server code in TypeScript, Go or Lua.
- Learn about the latest Nakama releaseSee the latest updates and improvements to Nakama.
- Multiplayer engineNew expanded section detailing the multiplayer functionality available in Nakama
- Chat filteringUse server runtime code to filter offensive and abusive content in real-time chat channels.
- Leaderboard best practicesLearn how leaderboards are modeled in Nakama and how to best use them in a project.
- Docker install guideThe quickest way to get started developing with Nakama.
- Nakama configurationSee the available configuration options for Nakama server.
- Server Framework basicsLearn the basics of Nakama’s runtime framework for server-side game logic.
- Pirate Panic tutorialComplete Unity project demonstrating the use of all core Nakama features.