Custom game server logic
Extend Nakama with custom plugins or integrate 3rd party providers
to run game code on the server
Run custom game logic on Nakama to validate player inputs and maintain canonical game state.
Trigger your own code on Nakama in response to game events, timers, and external actions.
Nothing is off-limits. Direct database access, create custom modules, hook into your existing systems.
The most flexible and powerful game server you’ll find
Nakama gives you as much control over the server as you have client-side.
If you can imagine it, you can make Nakama do it.
Server framework API
- Hook code onto just about any events
- Make RPC calls from client code or securely use the REST API from anywhere
Direct database access
- Full read/write access
- Process data in your own on-server code or pass to third-party services
Game world validation
- Validate and manipulate client input
- Schedule background maintenance tasks
Integrate with external services
- Add support for any auth method you need
- REST API to trigger custom code and events on Nakama
Build scalable multiplayer games with Nakama Open Source.
Download and install Nakama in minutes.